I’m not paleo and I’m not vegan. But if you are, today is your lucky day!
Ok even if you’re not, it’s still your lucky day because this mug cake is a breeze to make and it’s delicious.
If you want to bake but you don’t have eggs on hand or you don’t eat eggs, there is this magical thing called the flax egg. You can make it yourself and it’s only two cheap ingredients – ground flax seed and water!
Benefits of flax seed:
- Flaxseed contains more ALA omega-3’s than any other food source. ALA’s support heart health, healthy blood pressure, aid in muscle recovery, and help athletes maintain strength and stamina during workouts.
- Flaxseed contains phytoestrogens called lignans. Lignans support hormone balance and decrease the risk of breast cancer.
- Flaxseeds are a rich source of fiber. High fiber intake supports digestive health, heart health and blood sugars, lowers the risk of cancer, and lowers inflammation.
Why I use Manitoba Milling:
- Smooth creamy texture (smoothest I’ve found on the market!).
- Proprietary heat treatment process results in a better-tasting flaxseed with a longer shelf life than other brands.
PS – I’m not getting paid to say any of this, I just legitimately love the product.
Manitoba Milling Co. is currently only sold online. If you want to snag some Manitoba Milling Co. flax seed for yourself, use the code “25MANITOBA” for 25% off your order!
This recipe is made for one (unless you’re feeling generous), but you can easily multiply it to make a bigger batch! Just use a shallow baking pan so that it cooks all the way through.
Paleo Vegan Banana Walnut Mug Cake
- 1 flax egg 1 Tbsp flax seed + 3 Tbsp water
- 1 overripe banana
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix ground flax seed and water in small mixing bowl. Set aside for fifteen minutes.
- Add banana to mixing bowl and mash until smooth. Add flax egg, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in walnuts.
- Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes until done throughout.
Click on an icon below to share this recipe and support my blog/my business!